A Software Engineer and Manager, specializing in full stack development, focusing on customer problems and delivering the best solution for their needs.
HTML, CSS/SASS, PostCSS, CSS-in-JS, Git
React, AngularJS, Nginx, Webpack, Rollup, Gulp
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Sr. Software Engineer | Nov 2021 - Present
Software Engineer on the Solutions Architecture team. Responsibilities focused on developing and improving internal tooling for teams across the organization including ESPN, ABCNews, and National Geographic. Helped develop the core ui libraries and frameworks.
- Migrated legacy tools to Web apps, improving maintenance and feature delivery for internal customers.
- Presented Test Driven Development and Strong Code Styling, to increase core library reliability and reduce customer facing issues
- Migrated MLB Play by Play to React to reduce maintenance cost on ESPN.com
- Documented onboarding of the core node react app framework to improve developer adoption and feature development.
- Developed the internal OAuth integration for tools app with user roles and permissions, allowing easy user management for critical ESPN tools
Engineering Manager | Oct 2019 - Nov 2021
Engineering Manager leading the Consumer Products team of 8 engineers developing all customer facing products. Responsibilities included working with the design and product leads to architect features and solutions. Responsible also for mentoring and training teammates and interns.
- Introduced Jest and Cypress.io testing frameworks, increasing app reliability and feature productivity.
- Implement Automation tooling, Semantic Release and Conventional Commits, increasing developer productivity and release reliability.
- Manage and maintain the development of mobile app, increasing brand engagement with customers.
- Developed Docker/Kubernetes CI/CD pipeline, increasing release reliability.
- Implement agile processes, increasing QA, Design, and Engineer productivity and teamwork.
Senior Software Engineer | Mar 2017 - Oct 2019
- Migrated www.rexhomes.com to React, reducing site load times by 4 seconds.
- Developed a custom UI component library, reducing feature delivery time by 30%.
- Launch customer tools including User Dashboard, increasing user engagement.
- Introduced modern standards and practices, code styling, and ES6 Modules, increasing developer productivity and reducing time to deliver.
Sr. Front End Engineer | June 2015 - May 2017
Sr. UI Engineer | July 2013 - June 2015
South Park Digital Studios
Programmer | May 2008 - July 2013
Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. in Computational Media - Fall 2007
Co-Organizer and Mentor for JS.LA
Mentor for Nodeschool - Los Angeles
2014 OMMA Award for Web Site Excellence
2009 OMMA Award for Web Site Excellence