A Software Engineer and Manager, specializing in full stack development who focuses on understanding the customer’s problems and delivering the best solution for their needs.
REX Inc. - Engineering Manager | Aug 2020 - Nov 2021
Engineering Manager leading the Consumer Products team of 8 engineers developing all customer facing products. Responsibilities include working with the design and product leads to architect features and solutions. Responsible also for mentoring and training teammates and interns.
- Introduce Testing Frameworks Jest and Cypress.io, increasing app reliability and developer productivity.
- Implement Automation tooling including Semantic Release and Conventional Commits, increasing developer productivity and release reliability.
- Manage and maintain the development of our mobile app, increasing user engagement with our brand.
- Develop our CI/CD pipeline, increasing developer productivity and application reliability.
- Implement documentation and agile processes to increase QA, Design, and Engineer productivity and teamwork.
REX Inc. - Sr. Software Manager | Mar 2017 - Aug 2020
Major Projects included:
- Migrating www.rexhomes.com from AngularJS to React, improving SEO and site load times by 4 seconds
- Developing custom UI component library, reducing feature delivery time by 30%.
- Launch new customer tools including User Dashboard, increasing user engagement and satisfaction.
- Introduce modern standards and practices for development, such as code styling, linting, and ES6 Modules, increasing developer productivity and reducing time to deliver.
DogVacay, Inc. - Sr. Front End Engineer | June 2015 - May 2017
iCrossing, Inc. - Sr. UI Engineer | July 2013 - June 2015
South Park Digital Studios - Programmer | May 2008 - July 2013
Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. in Computational Media - Fall 2007